Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Dynaview toO DWG or DXF

• 1.  Dynaview toO DWG or DXF

Posted 12-28-2020 20:23

Hello all. Hoping for some help

I create a dynaview on the Cutting Plane View tab. How can export to a DWG or DXF file?

I want to export the lines I drew on the Cutting Plane View to CAD.

Any tutorials on creating dynamic with cutting plane view. Does anyone have any knowledge to offer? am I missing something? 

------------------------------
    Junning Wang

• 2.  RE: Dynaview toO DWG or DXF
    Best Answer

Posted 01-02-2021 11:27
    When you draw lines in the Cutting Plane View, they are created in the Plan and 3D views etc as lines with UCS (User Coordinate System) properties. If you draw a rectangle in the Cutting Plane View to use as a Dynaview Frame, then when you say Create a Dynaview, it will ask you to place the Dynaview somewhere. The normal place for a Dynaview is in the Sheet View, however you can also place it in a plan view if needed. Once you have created the Dynaview, the thing to understand here is the following

AutoCAD and MicroStation have the concept of Model Space and PaperSpace. In the PaperSpace, if you create a Viewport to data that is in the plan view the viewport in the Paperspace can only show the data in paperspace if the data in the model space exists (that is shown in the Viewport), because the Viewport is just a reference to the model space information. You can also draw objects in Paper space and those exist as objects in paperspace.

So in TBC the equivalent to Model Space is the Plan View ad the equivalent to Paperspace is the Sheet View and the equivalent of a viewport is a Dynaview. If you drew a line in the cutting plane view, it is actually a line in the plan view that is displayed in the coordinate system of the cutting plane that you defined. so you have the following options.

1) To export the 3D linework that was created using the cutting plane view, you can simply select that 3D linework in the Plan or 3D view and export it to a DWG or DXF file as 3D linework. Note those lines will have UCS on them unless you use the Convert to Linestring command to remove the UCS from the lines first before exporting them to DWG / DXF.

2) If you created a Dynaview and placed it in the Plan or Sheet View, then to export the Dynaview to AutoCAD you have to select both the Sheet View data and the plan view linework used in the Dynaview to export to AutoCAD, because the Dynaview contents is only a reference to the plan view / cutting plane view linework. Select the Sheet data from the Project Explorer and the plan view data from the Plan or 3D views as normal and then export to AutoCAD DWG.

Hope that this helps - if you need a video I can record one this week for you.

Alan

Alan Sharp
    alan.sharp@rockpilesolutions.com

• 3.  RE: Dynaview toO DWG or DXF

Posted 01-08-2021 00:49
    Edited by junning wang 01-08-2021 00:54

Hi, Alan

I successfully imported it into Autodesk CAD.Then create a new UCS and select OB to convert to object UCS.

If it's convenient, please record a video for me.

Best regards,
    Junning

junning wang

• 4.  RE: Dynaview toO DWG or DXF

Posted 01-08-2021 00:53

Hi, Alan

I successfully imported it into Autodesk CAD.Then create a new UCS and select OB to convert to object UCS.

If it's convenient, please record a video for me.

Best regards,
    Junning

junning wang