Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

faro fls files

• 1.  faro fls files

Posted 09-07-2021 11:48
    Can someone advise the best / correct way to import faro scan files into tbc please?

Alan

• 2.  RE: faro fls files

Posted 09-07-2021 16:56
    You need to have the Scanning module to be able to import Faro *.fls files directly into TBC.

------------------------------
    James McWha

• 3.  RE: faro fls files

Posted 09-08-2021 00:41
    James

I am aware of this, what I mean is the correct procedure as I keep getting error  messages. FLS files seem to be made up of several files within folders, so how do you get them imported?

• 4.  RE: faro fls files

Posted 09-08-2021 16:04
    Hi Alan
    I only have an old TX5 here but hopefully it's the same for other FARO scanners as well. If importing from the SD card, from the Scans folder go into a *.fls subfolder and select the file with the .fls extension. You can either drag and drop that file or navigate to it from Import. It can take a few minutes to import the scan data and colorize it.

You are correct there are multiple files associated with the .fls format (the *.fls file itself is actually 0 bytes in size). So if you are copying data off the SD card, you need the whole *.fls folder or folders. Because the *.fls file is 0 bytes, this can sometimes cause problems if the data is compressed or uploaded to the cloud. Sometimes the 0 bytes file won't be copied or will be discarded and without this file you won't be able to import the data. Other than going back to the SD card I don't have a good solution to this. It may be worthwhile contacting FARO if you are having this problem.

If you are doing all of this and you still can't import the fls data, perhaps try running the clean up utility and then reinstall TBC.

James McWha