Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Wrong display of construction in Trimble Connect web, desktop, mobile

• 1.  Wrong display of construction in Trimble Connect web, desktop, mobile

Posted 10-20-2019 15:36

Hi all,

I would like to report the following problem with construction display in Trimble Connect again. Fo further details please have a look at pictures and data in the annex. I can invited you in the project.

In other SW it is OK (BIM 360, BIM Vision, Solibri, ...).

thx

Pavel

Attachment(s)

zip
    A_1NP_STAVBA.ifc.zip   164 KB 1 version

• 2.  Re: Wrong display of construction in Trimble Connect web, desktop, mobile

Posted 10-20-2019 22:32

Yes, very very strenght. Is there any update? I know we reported this some time ago. Martin

• 3.  Re: Wrong display of construction in Trimble Connect web, desktop, mobile

Posted 10-20-2019 23:22

Hi Pavel and Martin,

Sorry, that you have encountered this issue. Problem is that IFC plugin thinks that boolean cuts are made wrongly.

i.e. the boolean engine that is inside IFC plugin, fails on those cuts. Result could be like those in images, extended wall.

We are working on the IFC plugin on this, but results are not expected any time soon.

For you it would be best to try to fix the cuts in the model. Most common reason for them to fail is that the cut part's surface is on the same plane as the wall's surface and that can cause those surfaces to actually be a little bit off and that would mean that the cut is not perfect.

Sorry that I cannot help you more.

Best regards,

Marko Myllymaa

• 4.  Re: Wrong display of construction in Trimble Connect web, desktop, mobile

Posted 10-23-2019 03:05

Hi Marko, thanks.

Understand. Pavel upload there an IFC file. Could you make a screen there what should be rework?  Interesting is that all another BIM viewers can handle that and TC not.  Thanks, Martin

• 5.  Re: Wrong display of construction in Trimble Connect web, desktop, mobile

Posted 11-22-2019 03:52

Hi Marko,

Your explanation is clear but the same question here: why can other viewers handle the fault? We've reported the same finding several times now to TC support. If our people try in other viewers and they show the IFC correct, it now looks like TC is producing this fault and not the IFC. This is one of the discussions we have with our users and is not helping in the adoption of using TC as a viewer. So I suggest this topic will be put on a higher priority on Trimble's agenda.

Best Regards,

Bryan Bosch