Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Share data

• 1.  Share data

Posted 11-29-2020 21:40

Hi Guy,

To day I check feature share data in TC to other user with option Any users with the link

I input the email but it not work.

Please check and help me to fix this issue?

Thanks

• 2.  Re: Share data

Posted 11-29-2020 21:59

Dear Hoa,

After giving an email address an input, please press "Enter" from the keyboard. You can continue to add more email addresses. But please press "Enter" from keyboard every time on completing an address.  Please check and let us know if you continue to face the problem.

Regards

Darshan Kamat

• 3.  Re: Share data

Posted 11-30-2020 00:21

Dear @Darshan Rajaram Kamat

Thank you for quick support! It work fine.

Best regards,

Hoa

• 4.  RE: Re: Share data

Posted 05-10-2022 06:35
    Edited by Steffen Blome 05-10-2022 06:36
    Hello @Darshan Rajaram Kamat,

I just came across this topic and I would like to make a feature request. I really like the sharing feature, but most of the time I use it, I just want to have a shareable link to embed into some other context like an email or instant message. I would rather not have an e-mail with unknown content to be sent. Unfortunately, the link is only visible, if a valid email-adress was entered and the "share"-button was clicked.
    So as a workaround, I just share the file(s) to my own email-adress to get a link, which I then share as mentioned above.

Wouldn`t it be possible to just display the link and make the email-notifications optional?

Kind regards,

------------------------------
    Steffen Blome

• 5.  RE: Re: Share data

Posted 05-10-2022 20:37
    Hi @Steffen Blome
    Thanks so much for the input. Agreed, this is a valid ask. I have noted it down.

Regards​

Darshan Rajaram Kamat

• 6.  RE: Re: Share data

Posted 05-11-2022 11:14
    I absolutely support this request! 

Another feature request: sharing views with people who don't have a Trimble ID. Most people don't want to set one up, so sharing the views with them would make TC a lot more usable in daily business.

Regards,
    Tobias

Tobias Steinhardt