Connect for Mobile v2.10 is now available in the Apple iOS App Store and the Google Play Store. This update contains a large number of improvements and new features.
Introduction of the New 3D Viewer (Beta)
Users will now be able to use our new 3D viewer (as Beta) alongside the existing 3D viewer. This is a big step towards one common 3D file format and experience with the same rendering of models across all of the Connect clients.
A subset of the features is available in the new 3D viewer now:
- Launch 3D models in the new and enhanced 3D viewer
- View models from predefined directions (top, bottom, front, back, right and left)
- Select objects in the model, hide selected objects and hide non-selected objects
- Select objects and zoom to the selection
- Reset the model
- Reset the camera
- Apply color and transparency overrides to selected objects
- Launch a collection of models; set visibility for each of the models
- View textures applied in the BIM authoring application
- We recommend using the following OS versions to experience benefits of the new 3D viewer: iOS version 11 and above or Android version 6 and above.
- The new viewer can be launched after selecting model files in the Data tab.
Announcement Banner with Hyperlinks Support
Announcements by the Trimble Connect Team will now be displayed with interactive hyperlinks (when available). When tapping the hyperlink, you will be redirected to the corresponding webpage. Any announcements with additional information that were earlier available only in the Connect for Browser application can now also be launched from the Connect for Mobile app.
Drawing and Document Views Support
Views can now be created for supported 2D file formats and shared with project members (similar to Views for 3D models)! From now on, you can do more than just look at snapshots from drawings: you will be able to create Views directly from the Connect for Mobile application. Created Views will be listed in the 2D views tab.
2D file - improved Interaction for Markup Creation
You can now create the Arrow and Line markups in supported 2D files using 2 taps, similar to the markups in 3D models. This enhancement allows for panning and zooming before selecting the second point. Created markups can be selected/edited/deleted as needed.
Last but not least, the Application Logo is updated!
Bug fix: the application crashes experienced by some users when synchronizing large view definitions belong to the past. Also, with the ongoing work on the new 3D viewer we will soon introduce the ability to render and use these large views on your mobile device.
We hope you enjoy using this new version!
Known issues that will be addressed in a next release:
- 2D Views created in Connect for Browser may not reflect perfectly in Connect for Mobile. We are working on bringing in parity between the clients for 2D Views. This is ongoing development work.
- Views that are created from Connect for Mobile after hiding the model will not be reflected properly in other clients. On launching this view in Connect for Mobile, show/hide models won’t be reflected properly. Users have to tap “Show all” to view all the models on screen.
- Occasionally, on loading large model files in the 3D viewer, the application may crash (or) stop responding due to memory constraints.
- The size of the dimension annotations might be bigger in tablet devices.
- Models with a large number of objects may not be rendered properly while performing Pan/Zoom operations in the model viewer.
- There may be parity issues with respect to View visualization across clients for features related to Orthographic projection and Global transparency.
- Model alignment values set from other clients are currently not properly reflected in Connect for Mobile.
- Some slowness may be experienced while displaying the “Statuses” option in the right dragger of the model viewer screen.
- Occasionally, an empty thumbnail is displayed for “Todo” attachments.
- Occasionally, it takes a longer time for the project contents to be displayed after clearing “Local cache contents”.
- Occasionally, slowness is observed when switching between tabs (Data /Todo /View /Team).
- Views updated by deselecting/unhiding all the objects is not updated properly.
- Views are not deleted from the server after a linked ToDo is deleted, but users will be able to delete views after detaching from ToDo.
Currently known limitations:
- GlobalIds that are received from model conversion may not match between Mobile, Browser and Windows applications. Due to this links created may not be visible across clients for non-Ifc formats.
- Measurement values will be displayed with the accuracy up to 1/10th position in the “Millimeter” unit.
- Offline Logout: users cannot log out in offline mode since the browser cannot be launched without an internet connection.
- Current view parity issues include settings related to Layer states, Color and Transparency.
- When downloading files, the sizes for model files are fetched from the ‘Files’ collection, which may/may not be the final size for the converted Trimble Connect file.
- During the conversion and optimization process the file size is reduced significantly.
- When downloading a model file, the size required for storing it on the mobile device storage, will be much smaller.
- The UI in tablets is shown in compatible mode.
- Model group is not getting created when the user tries to create model group with cloud model
Trimble Connect Team