Importing and Exporting ToDos and BCFs
ToDos is a helpful tool to assign, track and resolve issues with a model. Authoring tools such as Tekla Structures and Revit can export BCFs for issue and task management which can then be imported to Trimble Connect as a ToDo. The ToDo can then be assigned and prioritized with any project user. Trimble Connect supports the BCF 2.0 format.
Importing A BCF
Importing a BCF to Trimble Connect is very easy and can be done by following the steps below.
- Navigate to the Data tab in the project.
- Click on the upload icon and select the zip file containing the exported BCF.
- After waiting a few minutes for the processing of the BCF to finish, click on the ToDo tab. There you should see the imported BCF, which is now represented by a ToDo with the same name.
Export a ToDo to a BCF
A ToDo created in Trimble Connect can be exported as a BCF and shared with other 3D modeling software.
- Select the ToDo you want to export.
- Select the More button to reveal the option to export as BCF
- Once Export to BCF has been selected, a prompt will appear notifying you that the request is being processed. The BCF file will be e-mailed to you shortly.
Export ToDo(s) to an Excel File
You can export ToDo(s) in Trimble Connect to an Excel file, which can be shared with other 3D modeling software.
To export the ToDo(s), follow the steps below:
- Select the ToDo(s) that need to be exported by clicking on the check boxes in the first column of the same row. All selected ToDos are listed in the right-side selection panel.
- To export the selected files to an Excel sheet, click the button located in the upper-right corner of the right-side panel and then choose the Export to Excel option from the popup menu. A window appears to notify that an email will be sent once the Excel sheet is created.
- Click Close to close this window.
- After the Excel sheet is prepared, an email will be sent to the user. An example email is shown below. In the email, click the Download Excel link and download the Excel file.