You can set email notifications on any of your custom streams, your Connections stream, and your Inbox, so that you receive an email each time a person, place, or item posts an update in that stream.
- From the unsubscribe link in the email
- If your community manager has enabled this feature, you can click the unsubscribe link to turn all email preferences to the off setting. It switches the Receive Email option to No. You can also find this option when you click .
- When you're editing a stream
- Click the triangle next to the stream name and select Edit Stream. At the top of the stream, switch Email Updates to Off or On and then Done next to the stream's title in the left sidebar.
- From your Preferences page
- Click the triangle next to your avatar in the upper right corner and select Preferences. From there you can turn Email Preferences to Off or On for each stream, including your Inbox. Click Save when you're done.
When you turn On email updates for a stream or your Inbox, you will get an email every time that stream or Inbox is updated. This can get overwhelming quickly; we recommend setting email updates to Off whenever possible.
Use the following settings to understand when you'll receive an email:
|Setting||When Email Notifications are ON you will:|
|Inbox (things you've followed in your Inbox)||Receive a separate email each time someone posts an update to an item you've selected to follow in your Inbox.|
|Inbox (@mentions, messages, and shares)||Receive an email each time someone @mentions you, shares content with you, or sends you a message in the community.|
|Inbox (tasks, connections, and skills endorsements)||Receive an email each time you have a new task, a new connection, or a new skills endorsement.|
|Moderation||Receive an email when you have content to moderate (if you're a content moderator).|
|Connections Stream||Receive an email each time a followed person, place, or item posts an update in this stream.|
|Your Custom Streams||Receive an email each time new activity is posted in your custom stream(s).|
|Community Digest||Receive a community digest email every day, once or twice a week, or never. To learn what is included in the digest, see Community Digest.|
|Include body of content in email||You can select whether or not you'd like your email notifications to include the full text of the community item you're being notified about.|