You can access the community on smaller screens, too. The mobile browser features simple navigation with large buttons that are better suited for touch screens. You won't see options that are too complex or take up too much real estate on a mobile device.
To visit your community from a mobile browser, just enter the community's URL into the built-in browser of your device and log in. Note that you can see the same narrow interface on the desktop version by making your desktop browser smaller.
Here's what you can do from the mobile browser:
- Read and interact with your streams and Inbox
- Just like in the desktop version, you can cruise through and interact with your streams, and read and respond to your Inbox items.
- Create most content types
- Create all sorts of content from your mobile device, for example, ideas, questions, and discussions.
- Search and filter
- Tap the magnifying glass, enter your search term, and then click the down-arrow to filter by Content, People, or Places, and/or the time period of the last modification.
- Access and use places like a pro
- Follow, join, or leave places from the mobile browser. You can also see a place's activity, content, people, and any subspaces, projects, and custom pages the place may have. To sort the content in a place, just click Content and then an icon: documents, discussions, blogs, or polls. If you're looking for the tiles on a group's activity page, be sure to scroll all the way down to see them.
Note: Some content and functionality only make sense in the wider desktop view, so you won't see some things cluttering up the smaller space. Also, iPads will always benefit from the full functionality of a wide-screen view.
- The mobile browser does not work on Blackberry devices.
- Older Android browsers struggle with content creation. You can resolve this by upgrading your Android operating system and using Chrome to browse your community.