1. Types of measurement
Brief description about each of the measurement types along with the screenshots are as follows:
- Point to Plane - This represents the shortest distance between the selected point and the plane, irrespective of any point selected on the plane.
- Plane to Point - This represents the shortest distance between the plane and the selected point, irrespective of any point selected on the plane.
- Point to Line-Segment - This represents the shortest distance between the selected point and the line segment, irrespective of any point selected on the line segment.
- Line-Segment to Point - This represents the shortest distance between the line segment and the selected point, irrespective of any point selected on the line segment.
- Plane to Line-Segment - This represents the shortest distance between the plane and the selected point on the line segment, irrespective of any point selected on the plane.
- Line-Segment to Plane - This represents the shortest distance between the selected point on the line segment and the plane, irrespective of any point selected on the plane.
- Point to Point - This represents the shortest distance between two selected points.
- Plane to Plane - The endpoints can be selected on the same plane or on different planes. This represents the shortest distance between two selected points, if both the points are on the same plane or if both the planes are not parallel. If both the planes are different and are parallel, this represents the shortest distance between the first plane and the selected point on the second plane, irrespective of any point selected on the first plane.
- Line-Segment to Line-Segment - This represents the shortest distance between the first line segment and the selected point on the second line segment, irrespective of any point selected on the first line segment.
- User can create views with the above types of measurements from TCM and view it across clients. User can open and see the views with the above types of measurements created from any clients in TCM.
2. On-Demand sync approach
- There are four tabs displayed inside a project, namely Data tab(files/folders), Todo tab(todos), Views tab(views) and DashBoard tab. On-demand approach is implemented to improve the first-time data loading performance in data tab.
- Data tab sync - Once the user enters into the project for the first time, data tab will be shown. The latest version of files and folders will be synced and shown to the user. Earlier the user has to wait until the entire data has been synced to see the latest versions of files and folders in the data tab.
- Order of data sync - Once the user enters into the project for the first time, the data tab will be shown. The files and folders are synced in parallel and displayed on screen. Earlier the folders will be synced completely before files started to sync.
- Folder sync - Once the user enters into any of the folders inside a project for the first time, the latest version of the files and folders inside that folder will be synced immediately.
- Tab switching - On switching between the data, todo and views tab, the contents of that specific tab will be synced and displayed. At any point of time, only one entity(data/todo/views) sync runs in the background to fetch the data without any interruption.
- Infinite progress bar - While the first-time sync in progress, user will see an infinite progress bar at the top of the respective tab.
Infinite progress bar
1. Alert pop-over while saving an existing view
On tapping the tick icon to save the view, user can be indicated with an alert message “Do you want to update a view?”
- Localisation for newly added strings in view update alert pop-over.
2. Application logs
- Improvements have been made for log file, which captures workflow specific information.
Following are the list of critical bugs that have been fixed after V2.3.2 release.
- Default thumbnail is getting displayed for the views attached to Existing TODO
- Default thumbnail is getting displayed for the views attached to New TODO
- The application got stalled when the user performs view delete
- The application got crashed, when user perform switch tab while first time loading is in progress
- The pull to refresh icon is in progress while infinite progress bar is in progress[View,TODO, Project list screen]
- The whole list is getting refreshed for every auto sync in view, Todo , data list screen
- Infinite progress bar is getting displayed while auto sync is in progress
- The infinite progress bar gets stalled in View list screen
- View is getting displayed with layer transparency applied when the user tries to create a view after performing reset
- View is getting displayed with layer color applied when the user tries to create a view after performing reset
- View is getting displayed with object transparency applied when the user tries to create a view after performing reset
- View is getting displayed with object color applied, when the user tries to create a view after performing reset
- New branding got disappears when the user applies a filter in data list screen
- Auto sync is getting triggered when the user applies a filter in data list screen
- Reduce infinite progress bar size in Data ,Todo ,view tab
- Pull to refresh icon is getting displayed while the progress bar is in progress
- Data list screen is getting flickered whenever user applies the filter
- Data list screen is getting flickered when user switch from folder
- "Sync in progress" is getting displayed when user perform sort during first time loading
- The view list progress is getting stays longer time at certain point
- The whole views got disappears from view list tab when user exit from view group
- The application got hanged when the user performs pull to refresh
- The application got hanged when the user performs pull to refresh during first time loading
- A whole view list is getting displayed under selected view group
- View list is getting flickered while first time loading is in progress
- Frequently getting redlining in view list screen, While first time loading is in progress
- The application is getting crashed when the user tries to create a measurement
- Reduce text markup size in TCM app[Impacts BYLOR]
- Explicit view attached to TODO is not getting removed when the user_A reverts the view permission assigned to the user_B.
- The application is getting hanged,when user tries to load views
- [3D VIEWER] Mobile app crashes on opening a view [Impacts Bryan, VolkerWessels]
- [TCM] Model not appearing in TCM but visible in web and desktop [Metal Solutions]
- Show all button is performing reset model function [ Impacts Trimble, Outi Aaltonen]
- Views(within view group) that are shared are not listed inside view groups
- New users added to a user group can't access views previously shared with that group
- Views not belonging to the current user are still listed, after removing the assignee
- Deleted view is getting listed in the views list after deleting the view
- Performance issue in Data tab
- Sync is getting failed frequently across tab
- SetRecursiveStateWithGlobalId() does not set all children state
- Progress bar is not getting started simultaneously across all tabs
- Last modified time is incorrect for parent folders
- Views made on ipad are not correctly vissible in web and desktop
- View created from TCM by zooming into "Dance center.skp" model is rendered incorrectly in TCW
- Application crashing when selecting object and then hitting information [Construsoft]
- Application is not getting logged out in
Known Issues (Shall be fixed in the next phase)
- Occasionally, when large model files are loaded in the 3D viewer, the viewer results in a crash (or) does not respond to user interactions, owing to memory constraints.
- Size of the measurement values might look bigger in tablets.
- Model rendering issue while performing Pan /Zoom operations in the model viewer.
- View parity issues related to Orthographic project,Global transparency and Hierarchical object.
- Occasionally at particular case measurement values will be created as 0.0 m.
- Occasionally sync is getting failed while first time loading is in progress, across screens.
- Views are taking a long time to getting displayed in view list screen.
- Issue with model alignment set from other client is not getting reflected properly in TCM
- Status sharing feature slowness issue
- Crash observed while logging in to the trimble connect application by setting chrome as default browser and the issue exits in lower version of android devices[Below android OS version 6]
- Crash observed while loading model specific model files with assemblies in the model viewer
- Crashed observed while loading some specific ifc or skp model files in the model viewer
- Slowness observed in UI detail update of folders
- View created with top camera position is displayed by 180 degrees inverted top position
- Occasionally slowness observed when user perform tab switch
- Occasionally empty thumbnail is getting displayed for the attachment.
- Occasionally slowness observed in fetching entities after performing dashboard delete.
- Offline Logout - User will not able to logout in offline mode since browser cannot be launched without internet connection.
- View parity issues:
- Object states
- Layers states, Color and Transparency
- While downloading files, the sizes for model files are fetched from the ‘Files’ collection, which may/may not be the final size for the assimilated ‘f3d’ file.
- During the assimilation process at the backend, the file conversion results in change in the file size manifold
- Hence while downloading model files, the size required for storing it in the device storage, will not be appropriate.
- UI in tablets is shown in compatible mode.
- The crash is observed on hiding all layer of Green Dunes model, in Moto G2.
- layer list inconsistencies on creating or showing view shared across platforms
- Sometimes Empty thumbnail is shown for incomplete assimilation file.
- Slowness observed while applying layer color and transparency.