Some recent updates on the Huawei P20/30 devices appear to have changed how the Catalyst Service/ Trimble Mobile Manager app power optimisation settings are managed.
This optimisation has prevented the service from running effectively in some cases and thus not receive any GNSS information.
There are 2 simple solutions to this:
- Connect the external powerbank to the Catalyst DA1 antenna before the phone/ tablet and everything should work - note this will not resolve the issue, for this see #2
- Alternatively change the launch settings to 'Manage Manually' to resolve this and revert to the pre-updated settings
- Android Settings
- Select Catalyst Services/TMM
- Disable the Power-intensive prompt
- On the same page select LAUNCH > Set all options to “Manage manually”
There are various Youtube and or web tutorials taking you through these optimisation settings as a guide.
Note the specific menu options may change according to device/ OS version so you may need to go directly via the Settings > Battery menu directly