Caching Background Maps for Offline Use
Trimble TerraFlex supports caching background tiles for display on the map when you are working in an area without cellular or WiFi connectivity. Tile caching can be done automatically on the mobile device, or a cache can be created from the map viewer in Trimble Connect and downloaded to the device for use offline.
Automatic tile caching on the mobile device
As you pan and zoom round the map in TerraFlex, the map tiles will be automatically cached and stored on your device. Next time you pan the map to that area, the locally stored tiles will be used instead of new ones being downloaded
Creating a map cache in the map viewer
Using the Trimble Connect map viewer you can create a cache of map tiles for use in TerraFlex when offline.
Once the cache has been created the next time you sign in to TerraFlex the cache will be automatically downloaded and available for use
To create a cache in the map viewer:
- Open the TerraFlex project in Connect that you want to create the map cache for
- Click the icon at the bottom of the layer list
- Choose Create Offline Basemap from the menu
- Draw a rectangle around the area you want to cache and make available offline
- Once the cache has been created, it will be listed at the bottom of the Layer menu
- To give the map cache a name, right click and select 'Rename'