It is our pleasure to announce the release of the much awaited Trimble Connect for HoloLens v 3.0 software!
This is our very first release supporting Microsoft HoloLens 2 and our very own Trimble XR10 with HoloLens 2 hardware that will be coming out later this year. Since June of this year, our product and engineering teams have been heads down focused on revamping Trimble Connect for HoloLens to take advantage of the new functionality enabled by these revolutionary devices
The Trimble XR10 with HoloLens 2, for those unfamiliar, is the only fully-embedded mixed-reality device custom-built and certified for use in safety controlled environments in the world. The device leverages all of the benefits of the Microsoft HoloLens 2 - a larger field of view, updated cameras and processors, flip-up visor, iris detection and eye calibration, and 10-finger hand tracking - to provide you with the most advanced mixed reality tools right on your job site.
What’s new in this version
Trimble Connect for HoloLens v3.0 will host a wide array of new features and functionality:
- We’ve revamped the user experience design to take advantage of XR10’s improved capabilities, including near-touch interaction and eye-tracking.
- New! Intuitive 3D User Interface
- New! Large Model Support: Section Box Tool, Automatic Model Optimization, and Fishbowl Mode to support any model at 60 FPS!
- We have also added support for Sequencing workflows, which will allow users to load pre-made (in Trimble Connect Desktop) sequencing groups in TCH. The new Sequencing module will enable workers in prefab and pre-construction to step through assembly tasks in the factory or directly on-site, completely hands-free.
- Model Transparency: Adjust the opacity of your model for better onsite visualization, regardless of the ambient environment
Demo Mode: Try out the fully unlocked app with pre-loaded data with no internet or login information required.
Free Trial: Every HoloLens 2 and XR10 comes with a free month to try out the fully unlocked app with your own data; no credit card or commitment required.
We have several ways for you to start using the new application features immediately:
- Demo Mode - Don't have a paid subscription, or even an account? Not a problem! Our new demo mode comes with preloaded data and fully unlocked premium features that you can try out in offline mode.
- 30-Day Free Trial - Want to try all premium features with your own data? All users, new and old, will be entitled to a free 30-day trial with fully unlocked premium features. Simply sign in on your XR10 or HoloLens 2, click any premium tool, and you’ll be prompted to start your trial.
- Subscriptions - Like what you saw in the free trial? Trimble Connect for HoloLens v3.0 is available for purchase here.
Where to purchase software subscriptions and download the Hololens app?
The Trimble Connect for HoloLens v 3.0 application does not have in-app purchases. There are 2 different places you have to go to download the app and purchase licenses
Where to get TCH software subscriptions/licenses ?
- Purchase monthly/annual recurring license via Direct eCommerce
- Go to connect.trimble.com, create a trimble connect account if you don't already have one
- $99/user/mo or $995/user/yr + Includes TC Business Premium + 30-Day Free Trial on XR10. Just click on th Buy Now button to add it to your cart and checkout.
- Purchase annual license via BuildingPoint dealer or Trimble MEP Direct Sales
- $995/user/yr + Includes TC Business Premium + 30-Day Free Trial on XR10
Where to get the TCH software?
- It will come pre-installed with the device, If you are planning to buy a Trimble XR10 with Hololens 2.
- Go to the Windows App Store on HoloLens and Download Trimble Connect for Hololens. No special action needed for licencing, your trimble connect account determines your licence entitlement.
Please send any queries you may have to email@example.com