|Click the icon to skip to the section you are interested in.|
|Feature supported in shown platforms only.|
Creating A Project
- Once logged into Trimble Connect, click on the New Project icon at the top left of the screen.
- After clicking on the icon, you'll be prompted to enter the project name, project image, project location and other optional details.
The Project Location setting is important as we have our servers in three different regions to increase performance for customers located all over the world. Please chose the region closest to you. The servers are located at the following regions:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Click on the Submit icon and your project will be ready to use.
Creating a Project from an Existing Project
You can create a new project by including the project settings, project members, project groups, and folder structure from an existing project.
- To create a new project from an existing project, click the button on an existing project and then click the New from existing project option. The New from existing project window will open.
- In the New from existing project window, you can select the following check boxes to define the configuration of new project.
- Select the Project settings check box to copy the settings from an existing project to new project.
- Select the Project members check box to copy the project members (i.e., administrators and users) from an existing project to a new project.
- Note: this selection will not include members who have been removed from the existing project.
- Select the Groups check box to copy all groups from existing project to new project
- Select the Folder structures check box to copy the entire folder structure from an existing project to new project.
- Note: if the Project members and Groups check box is not selected, then the permissions related to those members and groups will not be copied to the new project folders.
- After selecting the required check boxes, click the Next button. The New Project window will open.
- In the New Project window, enter a name for the new project and apply more options if needed. Then, click Submit. An alert Preparing your project will appear.
- Click OK to close the alert.
- Once the new project is prepared, an email will be triggered to the administrator.
Creating A Project
- The project is automatically uploaded to the server but it is not visible to anyone else than the creator of the project before other project members have been added. The project has a check mark next to it.
- Note that the models and files included in the project are not uploaded automatically when the project is uploaded. You need to separately upload the models and files on the Data tab.
- If the project exists only locally and it has not yet been uploaded to the server, the project has an ascending arrow next to it. You can upload the project by clicking the arrow. This arrow is typically shown only if you create the project when you are working offline.
- If the project exists only on the server, the project has a descending arrow next to it. You can download the project by clicking the arrow.
- If a project has been deleted on the server, the project has a warning sign , and your local version of the project will also be deleted.
If Desktop application loses the Internet connection, It goes to offline mode. A warning sign is shown instead of a check mark next to a project. All changes are synchronized when the Internet connection is available again.