|Click the icon to skip to the section you are interested in.|
|Feature supported in shown platforms only.|
Trimble Connect provide onboarding experience for users to upload files and/or folders, create new Sketchup model, create map workspace or synchronize project from local desktop to the project data tab.
Drag and Drop files/folders
Simply select files and/or folders on your desktop, then drag and drop them in the data explorer area.
Create new folder
1. Hover and click "New Folder" icon
or select "Create Folder" from the create droplist.
2. Enter a new folder name and click "Submit" button to create a new folder in the project. Users can group data and assign folder permissions to users or groups after folder has been created.
Create new Sketchup model
1. Users can create new Sketchup model online by simply click the "Sketchup Model" icon or navigate to my.sketchup.com page.
or select "Create 3D Model" from the create droplist.
2. Users will be prompted to the new window and ready to create Sketchup 3D model on this page without having to install the tools on local machine.
Create new Map Workspace
1. Users can create and/or manage GIS data collection on Trimble Connect by click the "Map Workspace" icon.
or select "Map Workspace" from the create droplist.
2. Enter name and description for new map workspace and users can manage GIS data collection from there.
Users can download Trimble Connect Sync tool from our Trimble Connect Application store by simply click "Download Sync". Users can synchronise project data from local desktop to Trimble Connect using this tool.
Upload Download and Sync Files
Trimble Connect makes it easy to upload and download files to a secure and central location. The files and folders can be kept in sync with Trimble Connect using Sync.
Files can be uploaded to Trimble Connect directly from Sketchup and Revit:
- On Data tab, select the folder where the file(s) should be uploaded to:
- Start the upload process by clicking on the upload button.
- Use the "Browse" button to select the desired file(s) to be uploaded or simply drag and drop file(s) to the drop files area.
- Select the desired file(s) and click the Open button. Once Open has been selected, the file(s) will begin to upload:
- Click "Done" once files have complete uploaded.
- From the "Data" tab of a project, select the checkbox associated with the files/folders that are going to be downloaded:
- Use the download button from the "Data" tab.
- A selected file or a zip file will be downloaded containing the files/folders that were selected to be downloaded.
Sync files to and from Trimble Connect and your PC using the Sync tool.
Add A New File To The Project
On the Data tab, in the Explorer pane:
- Select a folder where you want to add a file.
- Click , or right-click and select Add file.
- Browse for the file you want to add. If the selected file is a model, the model will be added to the Models pane.
Create a New Folder to the Project
On the Data tab, in the Explorer pane:
Upload and Download Files and Folders to and from the Server
On the Data tab, in the Explorer pane, click the symbol next to the model or file to upload the model or file to the server or download the model or file from the server.
- A file that has not yet been uploaded to the server gets the icon.
- A file that has not yet been downloaded from the server gets the icon.
- A file that is up-to-date both locally and on the server gets the icon.
- A file that has been removed from the server gets the icon. You can then delete the local version of the file.You can remove files from the server only if you are the administrator of the project.
- If you want to download all models from the server at one go, click , or right-click in a folder and select Download models.
Users can download models and view them on Trimble Connect Mobile app by following these steps;
- Select project from the project list.
- The Data tab will list all file(s) and/or folder(s) available in the project. Sync the latest project file(s) and folder(s) by click sync icon on the top bar.
- File(s) or folder(s) in the project that have not been downloaded to the device will have this status
- Click download icon and file(s) will be downloaded to the device.
- The download status will change from "Waiting..." to a download percentage.
- The "Download complete" message will appear with a green check status on the file(s) once it has been downloaded.
- Once the file is available to view on 3D viewer mode, select the file and click view icon .
NOTE: Users can delete the downloaded file(s) from the device by select the file(s) and then click delete icon
View supported file types here - Supported File Types