Inviting Users to a Project
Adding users is as simple as sending an invite. If the invited user already has a Trimble Connect account they'll receive and e-mail with the project link, otherwise they will be instructed to create a new account. Once they have joined, they will be able to access the project and the files and folders they have been granted permissions to. Read more on how to set permissions here.
Inviting a User:
- To invite a user(s), go to the Team tab:
Click the Add User icon.
Enter the email of the user to be invited, select the "Group" to which you want the user to be a member of and chose a desired role. Either "Admin" or a normal "User".
Note: Multiple email addresses can be entered using ';' as a separator.
Click the Submit icon to send the invite. The user will receive an email with instructions on how to join the project.
Note: If the user does not have an account on Trimble Connect the user will appear as "Activation Pending" until the user has an active account.
Modify a User:
A project administrator can edit user profiles, change roles and remove users from a project.
- From the "Team" page click the "Detail" button for the user that needs modification.
- From the users profile page. Click the "Edit User" button in the top right corner.
- You can then chose a user role (either Admin or User) or choose to remove the user from the project.
Note: The user will appear as "Removed" once that user had been removed from the project.
Resend Activation Email
If a user has not received the activation email, it can be sent again.
- From the team page select the user for whom the pending activation is showing.
- Click the More button and click on Resend Activation Email.
- A confirmation dialog box will appear on the screen.
Project Member Invitations
A project administrator can select the option to allow all users to invite new project members or restrict project invitations to project administrators only for enhanced security. This feature is available under Project Settings > Privacy > Project member invitations.