In order to view supported files in Trimble Connect, they must complete the assimilation process. This process includes translating the file format so it can be viewed in Trimble Connect and to collect data from the file that is used in reporting, clashes, etc. Depending on the number size and complexity of files that are uploaded, it may take sometime before they can be processed. You can verify the status by selecting the file and viewing the status in the right pane.
When a 3D model file is uploaded, it needs to go through an assimilation process in order to be loaded by the viewer. This process is not instant and can take a few minutes to complete.
- While processing, the file will not be available for viewing and a message will appear stating the "File is still being processed…"
- Once this process is complete, you will be able to view the model in the viewer as well as the thumbnail of the model in the properties section of the model.
- The status of a file that is being processed can be checked by selecting the file and viewing the right pane. Users can subscribe to a processing completion notification email on any file by selecting the "Notify me when done" checkbox.
Processing Status Explained
- Processing Viewer Data (In queue) - This means the file is waiting in the queue and will get picked up once other files are done processing.
- Processing Viewer Data (56%) - This means the file has been picked up and is currently being processed. The percentage shows the estimated amount of the progress from 0 to 100%.
Note: Select and unselect the file to refresh the % status of processing.
- Processing: Generating Thumbnail - This means the processing is complete and the thumbnail is now being generated.
- Once the processing is complete the processing status is no longer visible and you will now see a thumbnail for the file.
Issues Viewing Files
There are a few reasons why your file is not displaying in the 3D Viewer. Some of those issues are caused by incompatible files or issues on our end.
- Processing Failed
Files may have failed due to an internal server issue. If the file fails to pass Assimilation, please contact Trimble Connect Support.
- Unsupported Format