Multiple groups can work on one project in Trimble Connect. With folder permissions, visibility of folders can be restricted based on groups or individual user accounts.
Three types of permissions can be implied:
- Full Access
- Read Only
- No Access
Note: Only the project administrator can change folder permissions.
Changing Folder Permissions
- To change folder permissions, select a folder from the "Data" tab and click the "More" icon in the Viewer toolbar.
- Select "Folder Permissions" drop down list.
- The first option is to set permissions for everyone, for the chosen folder.
- Permissions can also be set for a particular user or group. Just type the user's name or the group name, select the type of permission and click "Submit".
Root Folder Permissions
Project administrators can restrict uploading files or creating new folders directly under the root folder to enforce the project folder structure.
- Right click under the root folder of the project
- Select "Edit permissions"
- Specify folder access to groups or users by selecting "Full Access" or "Read Only Access".
- Click "Submit" and permissions will be set to all the active folders selected.
Restore Folder Permissions
Project administrators can restore files & folders from Activity tab and also retain original folder permissions or inherit current permissions from parent folder.