The macro TML - Copy Layer Group Members (V2) works very well but there are many cases where I do not want to copy all of the linework in a layer group, I just want to copy certain entities and relayer them
Examples of this:
- Cross section Data
- Profile Data
- Phased work
I think this proposed macro would be beneficial in project cleanup and when working on phased projects. The work around is to export this linework out as a dxf or dwg, reimport, and apply a prefix. I think a macro would be a big time saver.
What I envision:
- A selection windows for the entities to be copied and relayered
- Command Options:
- Field for Prefix
- Field for new layer group
- Default to default "Layers" group
- Allow the user to pick from the other layer groups in the project
- Have the ability to create a new layer group
- Option to delete original linework
Thank you and please let me know if you have any questions.