AnsweredAssumed Answered

TBC v5.1 appears frozen on startup due to bug in sample macro SurfaceToGrid

Question asked by Quan Mueller on Jun 15, 2019
Latest reply on Jun 15, 2019 by Quan Mueller

(Since this involves sample macros I posted here instead of the main TBC forum - but I can post there also if that's a better place.)

After installing TBC v5.1, I tried starting TBC and it appeared to be frozen during startup, the yellow progress bar stopped about halfway during the "Starting application" step.

I used TaskManager to close it several times before realizing there was a hidden dialog box that said:

Syntax error in "SurfaceToGrid.py"

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\ProgramData\Trimble\MacroCommands\PUG Apr 2019\SurfaceToGrid.py", line 45, in <module> ImportError: Cannot import name ControlBoolean

I could Alt-Tab (or hover over the TBC icon in the Windows Taskbar and click) to see the dialog and click OK.

After closing and restarting TBC, the problem persists, but the yellow progress bar goes a lot further before freezing (and the hidden dialog is shown).

Ronny Schneider posted what looks like 5 fixed sample macros here updated macro versions for TBC 5.1 

Beyond updating broken macros, can Trimble also fix it so that the error dialog doesn't appear *behind* the startup screen?

Outcomes