AnsweredAssumed Answered

Best Approach to Model Corridor Gaps?

Question asked by Joe Melchiori on Apr 7, 2020
Latest reply on Apr 24, 2020 by Joe Melchiori

What is the best approach to manually modeling between gaps in a corridor? I have recently started adding my manually created linework to gapped sections in my corridor "finish" surface to create my "still dynamic" full finished model. This has worked great on approaching intersections and cross overs where the lanes still exist but i gap shoulder definition. However, i have inserted the below gap using a blank template so i could manually create my bridge approaches. When i attempt to add the below green breaklines to the corridor surface, I wind up with interference flags that make no sense and no surface except a few random triangles near the slope stake line.  

After checking that the surrounding linestrings on each approach were fluid and that the linestrings that match the surface were connected correctly, i decided this must be caused by the blank corridor template. After that, I added a false "through-lane" so there was surface definition to tie to, trimmed out mid section of line work and added to "finish" surface. This worked as a workaround. However, I am curious is there a preferred approach to handling situations like this or is it just a limitation of the software?

Thanks in advance,

Joe

Outcomes