Does TBC no longer import a excel file with station ans offset and make them points to a alignment ? i know is was worked in the past . any one know a work around
I think you need to remove the R, no? Without having your file can't really look at it..
I did it yesterday with version 5.30, did work.
Could you open your CSV file in a text editor and copy the first few lines in here to have a look at the data.
i have used it so many times in the past , but i have not been able to get it to work on 5_30
it wants to import like a point file not STA and offset . here are a few screen shots
I just checked it and it works OK for me
1) Make sure that the Excel File is closed before running the Import Command
2) Make sure the first line is TBC Excel
3) Make sure you save as a CSV File not a Mac of DOS CSV file
4) Format is P,S,O,Elev, Desc or S,O,Elev,Desc Desc is optional
5) When you browse the file list - if you right click on the file you can set the File Type there
6) At the base of the Importer - tell it whether you have a point ID or Not in the format being read
7) Choose Points or Sections
8) Pick the HAL
Eric is likely right - the R in the field will make that field Text not Numeric and that may upset the format interpreter unless that is being read as the Description field in which case that is not the problem
I tested it both ways and it worked with and without IDs
FYI -CAPS are no longer needed!! in the header for tbc excel
Retrieving data ...