AnsweredAssumed Answered

TC V5.3 issues with Propeller orthophoto

Question asked by Ronny Schneider on Jun 8, 2020
Latest reply on Jun 14, 2020 by Ronny Schneider

The topic is connected to the following discussion from last year Orthophoto disapearing 

I have got an issues with images from Propeller. They are usually quite large. Until now there wasn't one Propeller JPG I had no issues with to just dragndrop into TBC. Unless it was the lowres version that is worse than TBC's own background satellite imagery.

In that example here the resolution is 43664*65500 pixel. Should be about 8.6 GB in RAM.

My computer does have enough memory, so it shouldn't be a problem either way, tiled or untiled.

They either get stuck through the Tiling Process. Progress bar stops and CPU usage goes to Zero.

If it is the same image it usually gets stuck at the exact same percentage. I have to kill TBC in Taskmanager if that happens.

Or I just see an empty frame.

Tried playing around with OpenGL and DirectX and Notiling+Down-Sample 8192x8192. The latter one gives me the following error

I've also reached out to Propeller that they might add an option to download 1/2 or 1/4 resolution images.

Has anybody had the same issue and found a way to import them.

For the time being I'm using Gimp to resize the image and manually change the pixel size in the JGW.

Unfortunately Gimp might have a bug as well since sometimes the saved JPG is only readable in Gimp itself but not by i.e. Win10 photos or TBC.

Outcomes