AnsweredAssumed Answered

Greyed out BIMSight and cant open ifc on Trimble Connect.

Question asked by Anthony Suiter on Jun 22, 2020
Latest reply on Jul 1, 2020 by Anthony Suiter

Hi,

I am in IT working for a engineering firm, when I user clicks on BIMsight they cant "save as package" to port the file's to Trimble Connect. The BIMsight is all greyed out.

When we import a ifc file the file comes up red like the image below:

I have tried:

Del - C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Trimble\Trimble Connect

1. Uninstall both Tekla BIM Sight and Trimble Connect for Windows from your machine.
2. Download the MS FIX tool from the link:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed
3. Uninstall all Trimble Connect Desktop plugins from the Control Panel using the above tool.
4. Delete all files located in the local drive: C:\Users\\.TrimbleConnect\.files 5. Install the latest version of Trimble Connect for Windows and all plugins.* 6. Run Trimble Connect, click project settings button and select "Delete Project" and select "Delete only on my computer".

Also

1. Uninstall Trimble Connect Desktop

2. Uninstall Tekla BIMsight

3. Uninstall all plugins, they start either "Trimble Solutions ImportSDK" or "Tekla Model Sharing Foundation"

4. Navigate to following folders and clear them:

C:\Program Files\Trimble Solutions\ImportSDK

C:\Program Files (x86)\Tekla\Model Sharing Foundation

5. Open regedit.exe and navigate to following path and remove all plugins that are listed there:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Tekla Corporation\Model Sharing Foundation\plugins

6. Install Tekla BIMsight if that is needed

7. Install Trimble Connect Desktop

Is there a stand alone program that allows me to create a package of the users ifc files?

Thanks

Outcomes