AnsweredAssumed Answered

Select Points by Undefined El

Question asked by nate doyle on Sep 28, 2020
Latest reply on Sep 30, 2020 by nate doyle

I am trying to select a group of points by elevation in advance select. I have the point group selected > current selection > sort by Elevation > equals > ? undefinded. It will not select the points undefined. I have also tried using the select by elevation. I created the points from cad text which in turn created two sets of points. One set I gave an undefined elevation to in the pre/suff dialog for vertical offset. The second is actual elevation. The thought was I would use the undefined to sort and delete. Now I am sure that if I go and give it a 30,000 vert offset and change the selections to reflect, all will be wonderful. However, what if I actually want to see all undefined points in the project? Not zero el but undefined. How do I go about making that selection?

As an aside, I love that we have some layer prefixing on the import as it can really help to keep multi imports clean. It would be awesome if we could also get access to the group option as well. I have an OG import, it may as well go under my OG group. it could save a lot of "click-button smash, click-button smash.."

I did a quick search and didn't see anything relevant. I apologize if this has already been covered...

#helpimdeletingpointsoneatatime

Outcomes