AnsweredAssumed Answered

CAN YOU CREATE A SIDE SLOPE THAT TIES AT A SET DISTANCE?

Question asked by Ben Ryschon on Oct 2, 2020
Latest reply on Oct 2, 2020 by Alan Sharp

I have run into an issue with a bike path that has limited ROW so in certain areas they have forced the side slopes to tie at 5' off of edge of pavement with the slope being variable of course.  Is there anyway to do this in TBC using corridors?  I know I could create a line at the said offset and elevate it using the OG surface to create nodes.  However, I am using slope tables on my side slopes already because they are changing frequently.  And since I am using the tables I don't get the option of using nodes inside the tables.  About all I can think of is to insert another template at these location and change my side slope method.  (I know Alan just cringed lol)  I wish in side slope tables we had the option to select nodes or a 3D linestring.

I could create the corridor to get my daylight lines that have called out slopes and then trim those lines where they intersect the variable slope/fixed width tie and create a one 3D linestring and then re-run the corridor and change my side slope method to nodes and say to hell with the tables.

I appreciate any input.

Thanks,

Ben

Outcomes