AnsweredAssumed Answered

Multiple subgrade surfaces

Question asked by Jason Ramsey on Oct 28, 2020
Latest reply on Nov 19, 2020 by Jason Ramsey

I think this is a simple question but I wanted to see if there was a better workflow process for subgrade data prep.  We mainly perform earthwork/utilities on smaller commercial sites.  At the time of bid, I would say that the majority of projects we work with do not offer the design cad files for bidding purposes, so most of the time I am importing vector pdf information and then performing a lot of cleanup.

Many of these sites have multiple paving subgrades (LD, HD etc.) that abut each other.  So the finish grade is easy enough to enter, but because TBC will not allow true vertical line segments to share the same horizontal space, I am forced to create a lot of additional minor offsets and breaklines.  I usually enter closed lines for edge of pavement, light duty, edge of pavement HD, top back of curb, edge of sidewalk and so forth.  And then I have to go back and make sure all their finish grade VPIs match up exactly at every point.

I was just curious if this was the best way to perform subgrade adjustments like this or if there is some type of macro that would speed up these offsets.

Attachments

Outcomes