It would be great if we could improve the handling of Projected surfaces in TBC to be able to allow it to do a lot of the things we can do with normal surfaces.
An example of this would be comparing a scanned wall to a boundary line to determine if the wall is inside a boundary or not.
One issue encountered was:
- Exporting a vertical Cut/Fill map to DWG flipped the plane so it was no longer a vertical surface it becomes a horizontal surface.
Nice improvements would be:
- Creating edge breaklines
- Use a vertical dynaview for plotting
- Being able to create a legend for a projected surface
- Generate surface difference reports similar to earthwork reports
- Exaggerate a surface in a horizonal direction
There are a lot more limitations between a surface and a vertical surface which need to be addressed, this is just an example of some of the limitations encountered in this example. Its great to be able to create a projected surface to do this, however at the moment, there isn't much we can really do with said surface once it has been created or much we can do to present this information outside of TBC.