AnsweredAssumed Answered

Assigning Layers based on Attribute while Processing Feature Codes in TBC

Question asked by Jack Spears on May 24, 2016
Latest reply on Jul 27, 2017 by Brian Meggitt

Hello,

I appreciate everyone taking the time to look at this question. Our survey department is trying to cut down on Survey Codes to make it more simple for the people in the field. For instance, currently we have something similar to FNB and FNW, for Barbwire Fence and Wood Fence, respectively. We are moving to a FNC code, which would be a blanket code for all fences, and there would be an attribute drop down list where the field crew could select from different types - (Barbwire, wood, hog wire, etc.).

This is a step in the right direction, but one issue we have is that our codes come in on certain layers and linetypes. A barbwire fence and a wood fence both have different linetypes. When I am working in the Feature Definition Manager I can set up the code to be drawn on a certain linetype, but I am unable to differentiate between attributes.

Is this possible in TBC? Can I draw linework and assign linetypes based on the attributes of the code, and not just the code themselves? I am really butting my head against the wall here, and so far I don't see a way to do this. If anyone could point me in another direction to look, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much for your time.

Jack S.

Outcomes