AnsweredAssumed Answered

TBC 4.0 and AutoCAD Civil 3D 2017-2018

Question asked by Mark Keeton on Oct 12, 2017
Latest reply on Oct 16, 2017 by Mark Keeton

Folks,

Over the last 2 to 3 weeks I was getting the attached message (The license manager is not functioning or is improperly installed. AutoCAD will shut down now) when opening up Civil 3D 2017 precluding me from running anything within the program without it shutting down.  I was able to reboot, start over, log off, etc and I would be able to get back in temporarily (maintaining C3D open the whole time) but yesterday I could never replicate.

My IT team couldn't figure it out so I uninstalled everything from AutoCAD Civil 3D 2017 and Carlson 217 products.  Since it was time to upgrade, I reinstalled C3D 2018 and Carlson 2018.  Everything in CAD worked fine.....except for TBC now.  I was originally on 3.90XXXX in which it was throwing an exception error message and would never open.  So my next step was to uninstall this version as well and go ahead and jump on 4.0. 

Now I am getting the same error message again in CAD with fresh new installs.  Obviously this is a compatibility issue but I am not fore sure of the source....AutoCAD or TBC.  The last time this happened it was an AutoCAD problem precluding it from working after the UAS Master first came available on TBC.  Not saying that is the issue again but the two platforms are not talking to each other and I would like to see if anyone has encountered this issue.

Any assistance would be great.....I am out of options on installing and uninstalling if the two cant talk to each other.

Thanks!

Mark Keeton

mark.keeton@Jacobs.com

Attachments

Outcomes