AnsweredAssumed Answered

TBC v5.0 Layering and Layer Manager

Question asked by Richard Tyndall on Nov 28, 2018
Latest reply on Nov 30, 2018 by Wayne Welshans

Having a couple issues with creating new layers and the layer manager since the update and was wondering if anyone else was experiencing the same issues. If these are issues already know by Trimble, please advise.

Space Bar Layer Creation - In previous versions, hitting the space bar while in a layer select field would bring up the Layer Manager for the creation of a new layer. Hitting the space bar in v5.0 simply creates a new layer (New Layer #, etc) and does not  bring up the manager. Now the "New Layer #" needs to be selected in the manager and edited. 

Layer Manager - (While docked with auto-hide on) 

• Intermittently, the Layer Manager opens empty. The only way I've been able to (sometimes) get the list to re-populate is by completely closing the manager, re-open, re-docking, and re-auto hiding. Occasionally, I've had to restart TBC, and just this morning, it was necessary to re-boot my machine to get the list to re-populate.
  • Exposing the list by hovering over the docked tab, then selecting a different layer on the list - the manager hangs open and will not close when the cursor is move off the list. The only way I've been able to get the list to close is by starting a new command or clicking somewhere on the command pane or cursor scroll. Clicking in the drawing area will not close the list.
  • Helpful change suggestions:
    • When calling the Layer Manager from the View Filter Manager via the right click context menu: It would be helpful if the Layer Manager opened with the layer originally selected in the View Filter, also selected in the Manager and ready to be edited. This was an advantage of the previous Layer Options routine that is no longer available. Currently, it is necessary to re-scroll the list in the Manager after opening and re-select the desired layer to edit.
    • Allow Layer Manager column width adjustments for obvious reasons.  

Outcomes