I'm currently just doing it by trial and error with the XYZ coordinates. Is there a better, faster and/or more accurate way to do this?
Currently you can move only the normal models in Trimble Connect Desktop, not the point clouds.
So, do following steps to align the model:
1. From models tab click for the model you want to move
2. Click "Move"
3. Pick on point from the model, using 3D
4. Switch to point clouds tab
5. Select the wanted point cloud and hit space bar (View should zoom to that point cloud)
6. Select destination point for the move command from the 3D
Now your model should be moved to location what you picked.
Usually issue is that model and point cloud are too far of each other that they cannot be seen at the same time.
These steps will make them close and after that you can move the model more easily to correct place.
Hopefully this helps.
Retrieving data ...