AnsweredAssumed Answered

Enhancement Suggestion: High Precision Scanning mode

Question asked by Ronan Kelly on Apr 4, 2019
Latest reply on Apr 15, 2019 by Ronan Kelly

Currently when using High Precision scanning mode with the TX8 (correct me if I am wrong), the scanner keeps all points from the first pass scan and only adds detail from coinciding points captured from subsequent scans. We would like to take advantage of the multiple pass scanning mode to remove moving traffic in busy environments (i.e. pedestrians, moving cars and trains). Possibly through a firmware upgrade you could enable a "Traffic Mode" whereby the multiple pass scan only keeps the furthest most single point or coinciding points across all scan passes. Logic being that moving traffic will be removed as they will be nearer to scanner than pavement/environment captured in subsequent passes. Result being a clean point cloud with moving traffic removed.

Given that you already have a multi-pass function built in (high precision) it is not a stretch of the imagination to believe that the above would easily be achievable through a hardware firmware upgrade? See also your competition Leica RTC360 already offering this capability 

trw realworks noise_removal trimble 3d laser scanning Jason Hayes Steven Witte

Outcomes