AnsweredAssumed Answered

Errors: Geoid Does Not Exist and The coordinate system could not be exported.Reduce the extents and try again.

Question asked by Marshall Cant on May 6, 2019
Latest reply on May 9, 2019 by Marshall Cant

I am trying to export Machine Control from TBC V 5.1. I am exporting in GCS900 Controller Version 12.4 because the contractor has not updated every machine on site. I have done this same model before and I am just trying to upload the revisions to the surface models. The model is only 1000m long and only 1 lane width. It's a very undetailed surface with only 8 lines in the design map.

If I export in 12.4/12.5 with Embedded Geoid Support and Extended Coordinate System Support enabled I get "GEOID DOES NOT EXIST" error (see attached screenshot). The project is calibrated, has a Geoid etc. Where is the GEOID supposed to be? (Not a very helpful error message, I must say).

If I export in 12.4/12.5 with Embedded Geoid Support and Extended Coordinate System Support DISABLED I get "The coordinate system could not be exported. Reduce the extents and try again" error (see attached screenshot). This lane is only 1000m long and 4m wide.

IT ALL EXPORTS JUST fine with the Controller set to Version 12.6.

So, what am I missing? Last year I did this EXACT same export to version 12.4: same models, same project, same calibration... I have not touched the project since. I also tried using TBC-HCE 4.12 (same as last year) and I get the same problem.

Any help gratefully accepted.

Marshall

Attachments

Outcomes