AnsweredAssumed Answered

Import and assign media files to points with GPS Location

Question asked by Patrick L'heureux on Aug 12, 2019
Latest reply on Oct 16, 2019 by Patrick L'heureux

Is there a way to bring in pictures with geolocations and assign them to points via proximity?

I know you can assign media data which is pretty cool but this is a manual association. I am looking for something that is slightly more automated by being able to associate via proximity because the only "quick" way of assigning these media files is to compare the time of the recorded point for the test pit to the record time of the photo.Unless I wrote the test pit name on the ground and took a picture of that, which I just though of but this seems a little unnecessary with the metadata options we have available. 

Use Case:

Last week I was out on site digging test pits. I recorded the shots with Siteworks obtaining horizontal location, surface elevation, depth to material and quality. I took pictures of the test pits with my iPhone. I would like to be able to bring these photos into TBC and associate these with the test pits for a couple of reasons:

1. One I could organize these pictures for my estimators and make folders so they can see which picture go with which test pit
  2. Then I can assign this media to the test pits (very cool ability by the way)

It would also be nice to be able to export out these media files in containers associated with the point they are linked to. i.e. folder: test pit points and sub-folders of the points with the media data. There may be a way of doing this, I am just not familiar. 

I see this being very useful with the roll out of SiteVision.

Thanks!

Outcomes