Hi. I have a problem with TBC 5.1 turns off when I leave it for a few minutes. is it any setting?Alan Sharp
When you say it "Turns Off" do you mean it closes down so is no longer running? If Yes then that is not a TBC function at all - it sounds like it is crashing if left unattended - that could be caused by a screen saver or your Windows settings for Power Management (Sleep after xx mins, go into low power mode after yy mins etc) that is somehow causing TBC to trip and fail. I have never heard of TBC doing this at all and for sure we don't have a setting that causes that to happen - I leave TBC running all day on two PCs and I have never seen it do that.
At Trimble all our PCs get Locked after 15 mins of non use (that is controlled by our IT Department) and that has no influence over TBC - it will still be running when we unlock the PC - so your IT department may be running something in background that is causing this for example? Windows has functions that control these types of things as well as screen savers that could potentially cause this - for example if something Graphical kicks in like a screen saver then that could somehow disrupt your Graphics Card / Driver and that could crash the Graphics Engine and that could I guess cause this (and that I think is the most likely cause of what you are seeing).
This is a System issue not a TBC issue specifically - and while it is affecting TBC and its use, it is not something we have "designed" into the product, and for sure it is not happening anywhere else to my knowledge.
If I see System Issues I would do the following
A) Check 9 below - that may assist solving the issue you have without dong the other steps listed here
1) Check Windows Update and take all updates possible
2) Check my System Updates (from PC Supplier like Dell or HP etc.) and take all updates possible
3) Check my Graphics Card Updates (from Graphics Card Vendor like Nvidia) and take all updates
4) Reboot my system and try TBC again - if still experiencing the problems then
5) Deinstall TBC completely
6) Run the TBC Cleanup Utility to scrub my PC of TBC installation leftovers
7) Re-install TBC completely
8) Reboot my system and try TBC again - if still experiencing problems
9) In Support - Options - Advanced - try changing the Graphics Driver to one of the other options from its current settings - it is likely to be set at DirectX 11 - try DirectX 9 (some Graphics Cards appear to have problems with DirectX 11), or try OpenGL or OpenGL2 and see if any of these provide better stability - you have to exit TBC and restart after changing this setting for it to take effect. This can sometimes solve Graphics related issues without doing any of the above so you may want to try this first.
Let me know if this helps
Retrieving data ...