AnsweredAssumed Answered

Mass Earthwork Takeoff by Material Strata Based on Boring Logs

Question asked by Ben Wall on Sep 11, 2019
Latest reply on Sep 13, 2019 by Tylor Foster

I'm working on a takeoff where the owner has provided several boring logs with different materials; namely clay, sandy clay, rock and silty sand.  I have all the logs entered and defined which material is usable and which are not along with the elevations of the top of the bore hole.  Business Center has created all the surfaces for the different strata but I can't seem to get it to provide any quantities in my takeoff report. I thought that given a proposed surface, Business Center would include a report that specifies how much of each material will be excavated given a proposed surface.  Right now everything is lumped together in my Available Bank Cut Column.  

I mainly need to know how much rock and silty sand will be on the project.  I've thought about using the surface to surface earthwork report and comparing the FD w/ SG Adjusted vs Each Strata but I was hoping there was a all-in-one option that did it when I ran my main report.  I'm sure it is there somewhere and I'm missing it.  Any help pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated.  

Outcomes