AnsweredAssumed Answered

Closed Linestring Figure Start Points

Question asked by Richard Tyndall on Oct 2, 2019
Latest reply on Oct 22, 2019 by Richard Tyndall

Due to the way the stringless slipform curb machine needs to look ahead to start it's turn to extrude curb through tight radius, such as "hotdog islands", the linestings can not start at a PC/PT. Otherwise, when you get to the end of the linestring, the machine won't know about the upcoming radius and your basically stuck. And, as you can probably guess, 9 out of 10 times, the figures in the engineers CAD files start at the PC/PT's. Simply breaking the tangent section of one side and rejoining usually joins the figure as it was prior with the start point at the pc/pt. To overcome this, I go through the following process. I'm hoping there is a "less steppy" way to get the start point moved. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

1: break one of the tangent sides at the mid point.

2: use the cad grip to separate the sections at the break point.

3: rejoin the separate sections

4: use the cad grip with end snap to realign the tangent side halves.  

BREAK AND SEPERATE AT MIDPOINT OF TANGENT SECTION

REJOIN PIECES 

CLOSE GAP WITH CAD GRIP

NEW START POINT NOT A PC/PT

I don't know what goes on during the .svl export process, but for other reasons we've had the line string start/stop/break at the pc/pt resulting in basically having to skip the radius and hand form at that location. Moving the start point as shown above hasn't failed us as of yet, thus is why we do this every time. 

Outcomes