I had to adjust an old mode lthis morning that either myself or one of my colleagues prepared 4+ years ago. I did not have the original data but I did have the ttm that we provide to the field crews. I needed to adjust the model because there were some field changes made on grades and I needed to accommodate for these in our phase 2 ties.
What is the best way of going about this?
- Imported ttm
- Imported spj from field crew
- Used a label point style to label points and visual highlight elevation differences from the installed surface (field mapped) to the model surface
- Created breaklines for the new tie
- Created boundaries around these areas
- Used the explode surface TML
- cropped out the old data
- added the new tie in data
This worked but it seemed slow and the exploded surface is a resource hog. Has anyone found a better way of doing this is the original data 3D data isn't available?
Typically with our field models, I provide the 2d linework un-elevated and the modeled surface. If the linework was elevated this may have been easier.