AnsweredAssumed Answered

Line strings are losing integrity post rotation

Question asked by Lachlan McKinnon on Nov 25, 2019
Latest reply on Nov 28, 2019 by James McWha

This has been happening consistently in both versions 5.1 and 5.2, previously I've had no problem. 

These are the two main problems I face post rotation:

• Line strings no longer follow the original sequence set in the field.
  • Editing a code in a line string causes the point to be removed from the line string.

Examples of these occurring can be seen below:

Image 1: Job file imported into TBC and feature codes processed. (This is how the data should look).

Image 2: Job after rotation. Note that two buildings are now no longer in sequence.

The building at the top was created using the rectangle control code and the building at the bottom left is a line string that is connecting to a point with the same code. This point however wasn't originally part of the string. The line control code "Starts a new line joining sequence The previous joining sequence with the same code is ended." was used to separate these line strings.

Image 3: Following on from image two, I am going to remove the code 60201 because it is trying to join to the wrong line string.

Image 4: Removing 60201 served its purpose in no longer joining to the building to the left, however, the point is now no longer associating with the main building line string of 60102.

Outcomes