AnsweredAssumed Answered

Auto corrections did not use my location as the EPSG code

Question asked by Baron Collocott on Jan 16, 2020
Latest reply on Jan 16, 2020 by Nico Becke

I recently did a job in Hamilton, New Zealand. Corrections, in the Mobile Manager App, is set to automatic. On getting back to the office, and looking at the excel file, I discovered that it had used the EPSG code 1165, which I believe is Eritrea, Africa.

Now that I've done the job, how can I go about converting the EPSG from 1165 to 4326? I tried epsg.io but it doesn't have the 1165 code listed to be able to do a conversion.

Also, if the Mobile Manager isn't managing to set my EPSG to 4326, using Auto location, I'll need to set it manually. However, going to the manual setting I see that the one listed as 'current' is WGS84(1762), so does this mean that something's not working correctly or some other issue going on?

Something that might've been an issue, in the chain of events, is that I used 'UAV Ground Control' app to collect the points. Going into settings, in this app, there doesn't seem to be an option to set the corrections source so I'm guessing it doesn't have any control over the code being used...

Thanks for all your help

Outcomes