For the vertical portion of an alignment, the ability to quickly switch between elevation and slope
- You can change the settings to allow you to enter a slope but you have to change this back and forth every time you switch the method of input
- You also cannot have a station selected before you skip otherwise this will get wiped out
- The math functions do not work smoothly here because you cannot use parenthesis
- (1050-850)*-.01 - Won't work
- I find myself using my calculator to calc the elevation which isn't an awful thing but it adds a step and defeats the purpose
This would be consistent with other CAD programs that have alignment editor functionality.
Alan Sharp had some good points here Feature Request for Alignment Editor but I keep running into this and wanted to reflag.