Connect for Browser has been updated with a new 2D Viewer.
- Entire new UI
- Better user experience
- Responsive UI
- Improved markups and annotations
Relevant details will now be visible immediately on the left panel for better readability.
Markups / Annotations
Markups / annotations are easily available on the top pane for efficient use. This will help you create markups faster and save views efficiently.
- Free Draw
- Cloud Markups
- Text annotations
Customize/Edit of Annotations
Easily edit annotation:
- Border color
- Border thickness
- Text Size
- Fill Color
Show or Hide Annotations
Annotations can now be hidden . This will help you view just the file content or restore the annotations when needed.
Create and share snapshots of drawing with project members
- Search / Sort Views
Search and sort views to narrow down the needed ones
- Update Views
Easily update views if an annotation has changed
- Create ToDos
Create ToDos to assign tasks to project members. This will provide the drawing information in context of the task.
- View all ToDos
The list of tasks can be seen in the left panel. This will help get a complete picture of tasks in the project and also the list of tasks assigned to you.
- Search / Sort ToDos
It's now possible to search / sort ToDos. This will help you find the relevant tasks faster when the list is long.
Supported 2D File Formats
2D files can be photos, text files, excel sheets, documents, or other similar files.
Following limitations will be addressed in future.
- Email notifications for Views have URLs that redirect to the legacy viewer. We will be addressing this soon.
- Share for 2D files (images, pdfs etc) will have problems. We will be addressing these in the upcoming release.
- Adding comments in Viewer’s File details section isn’t retained.
- When the number of layers is large , slowness is observed if layers are checked and unchecked in short intervals.
Updates to limitations NEW
- Opening files was generating file downloaded activity. This is solved now. No activity will be visible on opening 2D files.
- Share file from within the Drawing viewer was not be possible earlier. It is now enabled.
NOTE : If you face issues such as - navigation bars not loading, or frozen web page during loading of projects list page , we would request you to clear browser cache and login again.