Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Corridor Station Labels

• 1.  Corridor Station Labels

Posted 08-29-2019 07:26

I am trying to create station labels along a corridor alignment every 100' stations. For some reason, it creates the tick marks at +0.02. My stationing along the alignment is correct and follows what the design shows, and the tangent stations are correct; it's just the labels on the major stations that's off.

Can somebody tell me what's causing this and how to fix it? I was thinking that it might just be as simple as changing a setting. 

• 2.  Re: Corridor Station Labels

Posted 08-29-2019 08:18

Is this a US Foot or International Foot job?

I have seen this when the data provided was in International Foot and I have the project set to US Foot and I did a convert Units - What you may find is that the displayed station is to 2DP but at 3 or 4DP (DP = Decimal Place) the station is not exact (try changing the Project Setting to display 4 DP on Stations) and then look at your Station Labeling set up, and specifically type in the value 100.00 - sometimes I have seen this get copied or snapped or units converted from something that had a station value that at 3DP was off by a little bit (and it happens when you convert units or something like that) - you don't see it because it is in the 3rd or 4th decimal place that is not displayed to you by default and that then on large station numbers causes this issue. So you are labelling at intervals of 100.001 for example which when you get up into the thousands starts to become a noticeable shift

Let me know if this answers the question

Alan

• 3.  Re: Corridor Station Labels

Posted 08-29-2019 08:32

Going back to my Station Labeling setting and re-typing in the 100.000 interval fixed it Alan. I knew it is something simple like this. Will definitely keep this in mind. Ugh. 

Thank you. 

• 4.  RE: Re: Corridor Station Labels

Posted 03-14-2023 11:41

Since it's been a while, and it has been coming up for me recently...

Has there been any fixes for this aside from re-typing the labels? I have a project with 20 different alignments with miles of total length.

Retyping would not be an effective solution. Project is in International foot, brought in DGN through Import prompt.

------------------------------
    Tylor Foster
    ------------------------------