Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Connection error in Revit uploader

• 1.  Connection error in Revit uploader

Posted 10-12-2017 14:27

I'm having trouble connecting in the Revit Uploader add-in. It seems sporadic, in that it works sometimes. But after typing the user name and password, we get an error like this:

Trimble Connect Revit Uploader connection error

• 2.  Re: Connection error in Revit uploader

Posted 10-12-2017 19:10

Hello James,

Thank you for contacting us. Try restart Revit software and run Trimble Connect Revit add-in tools again and let us know if the issue still persists. 

Best Regards,

Fern Udomrasami

• 3.  Re: Connection error in Revit uploader

Posted 10-13-2017 10:26

Hello James,

Can you try uninstalling and re-installing the Revit Add-In and if the issue persists, try clearing the cache on your Internet Explorer browser and try logging in again.  If you are using a proxy server, please be sure to add the proxy settings in the Preferences section of the Revit Add-In.  If the issue persists, please contact our support group at connect-support@trimble.com

• 4.  Re: Connection error in Revit uploader

Posted 10-19-2017 23:09

Hello James,

i have the same issue, but for me it's always not sporadic.

I have contacted the support, and after several exchanges, they finally filled a bug report for further investigation.

Please, do contact the support and you can give them my case number for information (my Case Number: 02277139), like this they will have more infos/data to track and find the solution.
    Best Regards 

Joao-Carlos

• 5.  Re: Connection error in Revit uploader

Posted 01-03-2018 03:13

I'm afraid that I have also experienced the same issue.

I've installed, uninstalled, restarted etc... and it still seems not working.

It displays the same info like in James's entry.

• 6.  RE: Re: Connection error in Revit uploader

Posted 01-26-2023 10:18
      |   view attached
    I have the same problem with revit 2020 or 2023 when i use the file uploader addin, shows the sign in page but after i click sing in button close Revit, maybe is an a configuration or some port that i have to use to connect with the correct trimble pages, but how???

------------------------------
    Howard Flores

• 7.  RE: Re: Connection error in Revit uploader

Posted 01-26-2023 10:18
      |   view attached

I have a same problem here, when i use revit 2020 or 2023 and try connect or upload my files, the signin window and my revit close right away

Maybe there are a configuration (i dont use a proxy) that i can change in my windows system but how or what???

Please i really want a solution

Howard Flores

• 8.  Re: Connection error in Revit uploader

Posted 01-07-2018 20:19

Hello Marcin,

Try run Revit software as administrator mode and clear cache on your Internet Explorer browser before logging in the Revit add-in. You can adjust the proxy settings by launching the Trimble Connect Revit add-in tool, and then click 'Preference" on the bottom of the sign in page. Select Proxy and update settings on the page. Revit plugin needs access to the following URLs;

1. Trimble Identity: https://identity.trimble.com
    2. Trimble Connect base urls for different project regions;
    3. Port : 8080

More details about using a proxy with Trimble Connect available on this page - https://community.trimble.com/docs/DOC-10002-using-a-proxy-with-trimble-connect

Hope this could help and please let us know if the issue still persists.

Best Regards,
    Fern Udomrasami

• 9.  RE: Connection error in Revit uploader

Posted 08-05-2022 08:50
    it may too late to reply,  you may need to reinstall the add-in plugins.
     I switched to Revit 3-4 years ago. It was a painful transition, but one well worth the struggles. 
    In my experience Revit is certainly the market leader to best for BIM work.
    I have a XP-Pen Deco 03 drawing pad at work that I use from time to time. Really the advantage is the red roller wheel - scroll zoom. also It's very nice too be able to alternate between mouse and pen.

Tomthe smol

• 10.  RE: Connection error in Revit uploader

Posted 12-28-2022 10:36
    buenas tardes con todos, tengo un problema, cuando le doy a la aplicación en revit para sincronizar en la nube. Sale cargando y luego se cierra tanto la apliación como el revit, el revit que uso es el 2020

CRISTHOFER TELLO