Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

How do you use the LTI rangefinder in Terraflex?  Offset option?

• 1.  How do you use the LTI rangefinder in Terraflex?  Offset option?

Posted 01-28-2020 13:45

Are there instructions on how to do an offset using the LTI rangefinder in Terraflex?  Videos?

• 2.  Re: How do you use the LTI rangefinder in Terraflex?  Offset option?

Posted 01-28-2020 13:58

Never mind. I just figured it out.  From the map screen there are symbols at the bottom that allow you to use the rangefinder for an offset position.

• 3.  Re: How do you use the LTI rangefinder in Terraflex?  Offset option?

Posted 01-29-2020 10:25

It's always a plus when it is intuitive enough to figure out without instruction (I think).

• 4.  Re: How do you use the LTI rangefinder in Terraflex?  Offset option?
    Best Answer

Posted 01-30-2020 02:26
    Edited by Tom Harrison 05-06-2022 03:22
    Hi Newt/ All

Here are some useful links regarding Laser Rangefinder Integration and workflows with Terraflex

#trimblemgis #terraflex #lti-laser-rangefinder

• 5.  RE: Re: How do you use the LTI rangefinder in Terraflex?  Offset option?

Posted 05-05-2022 12:31
    Tom,

Hi, are there any updated or current links or videos on using the TruPulse 360 and or 200x with TerraFlex?

Thanks,

------------------------------
    Jay Riester

• 6.  RE: Re: How do you use the LTI rangefinder in Terraflex?  Offset option?

Posted 05-06-2022 03:27
    Hi Jay

I've updated my post 'Marked as best answer' with all the current links to help/FAQ's webinars etc. The workflow hasn't been updated so the material is all relevant, the online help is the latest but I'll go through this with the team to see If there is anything to add/remove
    There's nothing specific for the TruPulse 360/200x, pairing and configuring is the same regardless of rangefinder only the workflow will differ based on the device having a compass or not (distance offset or distance bearing)

Let me know If there's something specific you are after or we have missed and I'll get things updated for you and anyone else following this thread

Tom Harrison

• 7.  RE: Re: How do you use the LTI rangefinder in Terraflex?  Offset option?

Posted 05-06-2022 05:47
    Thank you Tom.

Just checking to what is the most "Current" Tips/Tricks.

Thanks for marking your post as "Best Answer".

Thanks,

Jay Riester

• 8.  Re: How do you use the LTI rangefinder in Terraflex?  Offset option?

Posted 02-20-2020 09:40

After much testing and back and forth between Trimble and LTI it was noted that you have to set the local declination in the LTI device in order to log an accurate position.

• 9.  Re: How do you use the LTI rangefinder in Terraflex?  Offset option?

Posted 02-20-2020 14:05

Hey Newt,

We have published a blog post on this topic now as well

Tip of the Week #13 - Adjusting for Magnetic Declination when Capturing Offsets in TerraFlex 

• 10.  Re: How do you use the LTI rangefinder in Terraflex?  Offset option?

Posted 02-21-2020 11:14

Nice!  Thanks to Trimble and LTI for helping my dumbass out with this issue.  It was driving me crazy and I knew it had to be something simple like that setting.  I’m working with MD DNR police on a project that I hope will be able to use this technology to solve some poaching issues in the Chesapeake Bay and surrounding waterways.

Regards,

Newt Carlson

Regional Sales Manager

2140 Priest Bridge Ct., Ste 1   Crofton, MD 21114

C: 410-353-6434   O:800-331-8451

Web: www.keypre.com<http://www.keypre.com/>

“Creating success through collaboration”

<https://www.linkedin.com/company/keystone-precision-instruments>[twitter email]<https://twitter.com/keypre>  <https://www.facebook.com/KeystonePrecisionInstruments>