Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

PDOP Data

• 1.  PDOP Data

Posted 09-20-2022 10:02
    Hi,
    I am working on setting up Trimble connect systems to collect data using Terraflex on the handheld devices. 
    For some reason, I am unable to get a PDOP value for the data points that I collect despite including it in the autofill parameters for the data template. When I view the data, there is a field for PDOP but nothing is displayed. 
    Am I missing a setting somewhere? 

------------------------------
    Frank Jeffries

• 2.  RE: PDOP Data

Posted 09-21-2022 10:12
    Hi Frank

Supported receivers should all provide GNSS metadata defined by the 'Autofields' - take a look at the Connecting to GNSS FAQ for a full list of supported receivers
    This sounds like you might be using the Internal location service of your Android/iOS device.
    • In Terraflex take a look at the SETTINGS > Location Service option
    • If this is set to Internal then that won't provide the PDOP or HDOP values defined in your form via the Autofields

If you have your Trimble GNSS receiver all configured correctly then can you provide a little more detail about your setup please?
    • Your GNSS receiver (and firmware for example) and how you are configuring this in Terraflex?
    • It might be worth you contacting your local Trimble reseller at this point, they can provide a more in depth investigation If needed.

Tom Harrison