Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

R1 compatibility with Windows 11

• 1.  R1 compatibility with Windows 11

Posted 03-28-2022 12:06
    Is the R1 compatible with Windows 11 using Bluetooth?

------------------------------
    Lee Ensley

• 2.  RE: R1 compatibility with Windows 11
    Best Answer

Posted 03-28-2022 14:54
    Hi Lee,

Yes, there should be no issues using the R1 with Windows 11. As always though the devil is in the detail, it will depend on what software you are using as well as your workflow. If you need help with that aspect please contact you Trimble partner or Trimble Support.

Regards,

Mark Kellaway

• 3.  RE: R1 compatibility with Windows 11

Posted 03-12-2024 10:33

Hey Mark,

Is there any documentation on using an R1 or R2 with Windows 11?  I am trying to assist a customer setting up R2s with new Windows 11 tablets

Doug Kotnik

• 4.  RE: R1 compatibility with Windows 11

Posted 03-13-2024 09:54

Hi Doug,

It's possible that the particular version & configuration of Windows 11 doesn't allow the R2 (or other Trimble GNSS devices) to be discovered.  If this happens, follow the procedure below to enable the display of "Advanced" devices.

Hope this helps!

Dan Colbert

• 5.  RE: R1 compatibility with Windows 11

Posted 03-13-2024 12:33

Hi Doug

I agree with Dan on the likely solution - change the Settings / Bluetooth & Devices / Devices / Bluetooth device discovery from "Default" to "Advance".

Some background - Microsoft released the "2023-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5027231) - Released 13 June 2023", which introduced 
    the new bluetooth configuration option, with the default setting being such that "Advance devices" are hidden, so you'll see this behaviour on some new devices (which have the update built in) as well as on older devices when they get that update - for example if a Trimble T100 tablet with the 22H2 OS release is updated, you'll get the problem.

NOTE:

The connection method used in Trimble software such as Trimble Access (v2023-01), Siteworks (v1.60.23100.392), Forensics Capture (v3.8.0.51) is such that when you scan for Bluetooth devices from within the software you can see all Trimble GNSS devices, even though the Bluetooth OS option is set to "Default" i.e. Hide Advance devices.

Norman Smart

• 6.  RE: R1 compatibility with Windows 11

Posted 5 days ago

Hi everyone

Not sure I got my question answered.  The issue my customer is having is not getting the Windows 11 tablet connected to the R2 via Bluetooth.  The issue is, the tablet stills seems to be getting the location from location services and not GNSS Status App.  When connected, our location does not move when we move the R2.  Is there something else I should be using to connect the R2?  I know TMM is not available on Windows platform.  

Any thoughts?

Doug Kotnik

• 7.  RE: R1 compatibility with Windows 11

Posted 5 days ago

Hi Doug,

Windows doesn't enable external receivers to provide positions to location services quite as 'natively' as iOS and Android, and this will not work out of the box. Are you intending to use Trimble software with the R2? If so you should test the positioning within that context.

Regards,

Mark.

Mark Kellaway