Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

RTK Fixed w/ Catalyst DA2 (10cm) and TMM

• 1.  RTK Fixed w/ Catalyst DA2 (10cm) and TMM

Posted 09-22-2022 10:15
    Hi,

Has anyone had issues receiving an RTK Fixed in TMM with the Catalyst 10 DA2?

I'm in a relatively open area, nice weather and clear sky. My current TMM settings are listed below, I'm receiving 0.33 ft accuracy and RTK Float in Survey 123.

GNSS Correction Source: Auto (Trimble Correction Hub)

GNSS Output: NAD83(2011) (EPOCH:2010)

Geoid: GEOID18 (Conus)

Any input or pointers would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Jordan

------------------------------
    Jordan Hyche

• 2.  RE: RTK Fixed w/ Catalyst DA2 (10cm) and TMM

Posted 09-22-2022 10:18
    Hi Jordan. Regardless of fix type reported into Survey123, it sounds like you're getting 10cm accuracy (0.33ft). Depending on your area, Trimble Corrections Hub may or may not be using an actual RTK correction stream (it could be RTX) and so internally there is mapping to one of the 'standard' NMEA fix types that 3rd party applications know about.

Matthew Morris

• 3.  RE: RTK Fixed w/ Catalyst DA2 (10cm) and TMM

Posted 09-23-2022 07:16
    The best thing to do would be to get the DA2. We have found that in many areas of the country, float is the best you can get with the DA1. If you have Internet in the field and are in an area where there is Trimble VRSNOW coverage, that's when you can get it fixed. This is the case with my testing at least.

https://positioningservices.trimble.com/services/vrs/vrs-now/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwsrWZBhC4ARIsAGGUJuqPJJw8arXTgOTYXVE_0KbyAvPIcPb3DhOFiYyZDPh8PNTrTI8x5ssaAntIEALw_wcB

Zach Edwards

• 4.  RE: RTK Fixed w/ Catalyst DA2 (10cm) and TMM

Posted 09-23-2022 07:20
    Hey Jordan,
    I ran into this issue with TMM and Survey 123 on iOS.  Apparently iOS will not allow the accuracy readings to be passed through their location services.  So, you are probably getting the same accuracy in 123 as your are in TMM, but iOS doesnt display it in 123.

Doug Kotnik

• 5.  RE: RTK Fixed w/ Catalyst DA2 (10cm) and TMM

Posted 09-23-2022 07:43
    Doug,

Thanks for the feedback! With your setup using Catalyst, in the TMM home screen are you displaying "RTK Fixed" or "RTK"?

I know before I began using Catalyst my screen would state "RTK Fixed" but now that I've swapped over to Catalyst within TMM it is only displaying "RTK". Didn't know if this is normal or if it should be displaying "RTK Fixed" as before?

Thanks again,

Jordan

Jordan Hyche