Trimble Connect Knowledge Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

LIMITING MEMBER ACCESS TO PROJECTS

• 1.  LIMITING MEMBER ACCESS TO PROJECTS

Posted 04-19-2022 05:04
    How can I limit project members to certain projects ?
    i.e. I don't want a project member to see or access Project A but can see & access Project B.
    i.e. for project 2097 - Eric St - I only want Zac Zec & Brian McCarthy (they are my client) to see all projects & access all projects under XSDRAFTING, but don't want the other project members to see this folder except Stuart Brooks.
    Currently all project members can see all projects & access the project sub-folders.

Regards, Allan Haddow
    XSDRAFTING PTY LTD

------------------------------
    ALLAN HADDOW

• 2.  RE: LIMITING MEMBER ACCESS TO PROJECTS

Posted 04-21-2022 04:43
    Hi Allan

If I understand your question, you manage this by using/setting the Folder Permissions:
    https://docs.browser.connect.trimble.com/files-folders/folder-permissions

My tips is to set default access to be read only, and then deny certain members/groups access (folder permission no access), or full access.
    (not the other way around: default no access, and then grant access to someone. I have seen situations where this has failed). 

Ole Christian Eidhammer

• 3.  RE: LIMITING MEMBER ACCESS TO PROJECTS

Posted 04-22-2022 07:13
    Allan,

Why do you want Project A, and Project B to be located in the same Trimble Connect project?

My approach is to have a dedicated Trimble Connect project per project / job.

regards

Marcin

Marcin Fabijaniak

• 4.  RE: LIMITING MEMBER ACCESS TO PROJECTS

Posted 04-24-2022 10:36
    We have not done this but knowing the challenges on the admin side of TC, this makes sense to me. It won't work with every company or with every customer of a company, but just for pure model viewing it could work. Finally one UI to control users and user groups in all your projects!
    Would be somewhat difficult to manage all saved views and todo's across lots of projects so the more you do with TC the worse it would get. And somewhat difficult to control the required accesses and keep people from seeing what they are not supposed to see.

Best Regards,
    T Laine