Trimble Connect Knowledge Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

BCF

• 1.  BCF

Posted 05-27-2021 02:28
    Hi.

I have been able to import BCF.zip file into Trimble platform. The issues were created in an alternative software. I can see that they are visible in the ToDos folder and have screenshot attached in Web Viewer. 

Ideally I would like there to be a link to 3D model objects but in the interim can these snapshots be made available in the mobile application? Unless I am missing something??

Web Viewer:

Mobile (no snapshot):

Regards

Paul

------------------------------
    Paul Jennings

• 2.  RE: BCF

Posted 06-15-2021 19:50
    Hi Paul,

Were you able to solve this? I am having the same problem and was hoping to use this for better coordination tracking on my project :(

Juan Hoyos

• 3.  RE: BCF

Posted 06-17-2021 00:34
    Edited by Darshan Rajaram Kamat 06-17-2021 00:35
    Hi Paul,
    Sorry for the late reply. By snapshot I am assuming you are referring to a file attachment (possibly a png , jpeg or other image format) . If its attached in the Todo , the file will be available in Todo and it will open up in the 2D Viewer in the Mobile application.
    I hope this answers your query.

Regards

Darshan Rajaram Kamat

• 4.  RE: BCF

Posted 06-24-2021 11:21
    Darshan, 
    I think what Paul is saying is that he wants to see the ToDo located on the 3D model or that by clicking on the ToDo, it  would take him to the view that the viewpoint (the 2D snapshot) was captured in the model.

I also need this for my workflow where I review issues with our Augmented Reality headset.

The issues I import via BCF 2.0 into Trimble Connect lose their location in the 3D model, so I cannot locate them or use them in our AR reviews.

Is there any way to adjust the BCF import settings? To place a ToDo marker at the XYZ coordinate location of the issue that is imported.

Lease Crutcher Lewis